The Certificate Program in Mindfulness Master (International Program)
purposefully intends to produce the students with skillful knowledge and expertise in Meditation both in the theoretical and practical frameworks with an in-depth understanding. Moreover, they should be able to acquire skill in teaching mindfulness and meditation to Thais and foreigners and also apply the principle and method of meditation to the mental and social development.
A College enriched with the beauty of multicultural
International Center for Buddhist Studies College of Mahachulalongkornrajavidyalaya University produces intelligent graduates within a collaborative network of Buddhist educational Institutes around the world,
with the aim of awakening society and integrating Buddhist studies with modern sciences to develop Buddhist research, innovation and academic services based on projects to foster and maintain
the arts and culture of a multicultural society.
International Buddhist Studies College
upholds the mission to be accountable for studying and teaching Buddhism and acts as the world leading center of Buddhist education for Thais and foreigners from all over the world. So, it is necessary to develop the program in an active manner as to keep pace with the changing society in materialism and also to speed up in comprehending human beings to wisely live their life with the right understanding of cause and effect. In this regard, IBSC has purposefully designed the Certificate Program in Mindfulness Master to fulfill these needs of personnel, students of MCU, and general interested people.
The total number of credits throughout the whole academic year is 24 credits and the studying time duration for the whole curriculum should not be less than 2 regular academic semesters. The first semester and the second semester altogether must acquire at least 30 weeks for the total amount of studying time taken at the International Buddhist Studies College (IBSC), Mahachulalongkornrajavidyalaya University. After the students completes all required 24 credits with the specified studying time duration. He or she must pass the required One Month of Mindfulness Practice (420 Hours) before he or she can further pass the One Month of Mindfulness Teaching (360 Hours).
Unit of General Education Subjects 24 credits
1.1 Required Subjects 18 credits
1.2 Elective Subjects 6 credits
1.3 Practical Required 780 Hours
Total 24 credits
The comprehensive examination consists of both written and oral parts and covers the major area pursued by the student. The student passes the comprehensive examination if a majority of the official examining committee (including the chair) approves the student’s performance.
Two semesters (which may include one summer session), usually consecutive, at any time beginning with the first semester of certificate study, must be spent in resident study at IBSC. Residence is not merely a period measured in hour. During this period the certificate aspirant must be involved full time in academic pursuits, which may include up to half-time on-campus teaching or research, or under certain circumstances, a greater percentage of research if it is directed specifically toward the student’s certificate objectives.
* International applicants should check the IBSC website for additional admission requirements.
Please note: Meeting minimum admission standards does not guarantee admission to the program.
The application for admission to International Center for Buddhist Studies College of Mahachulalongkorn rajavidyalaya University for Certificate study has the following requirements:
1. High School or equivalent with at least a 2.0 grade point average on a 4.0 scale.
2. A complete graduate application: apply online or at the Office of IBSC Student service.
3. An official transcript (not student’s copy) of all previous school credit sent from the institution directly to the Office of IBSC Student service (printed transcripts or official electronic versions are both acceptable).
4. English requirement please check from the list here.
5. A statement of career goals describing an area of interest in curriculum and instruction and how this degree will help meet professional aspirations.
6. Letters of recommendation from one people who can comment on the applicant’s ability to complete an the program of study.
7. A writing sample: an essay or an article, paper, or other composition originally written by the applicant. An appropriate length is five to eight pages.
8. CV or a vitae or resume.